You are here : Home > SIGs

User Led SIG Meeting

The role of this group is to bring user voice and user led groups and organisations together to:

  • Ensure the voice of service users influences the design and delivery of local services
  • Coordinate activity and ensure we are not duplicating
  • Provide peer support and share good practice
  • Explore opportunities to develop user led services
  • Understand what is happening within services and identify arising issues
  • Act as a pre meeting for the user and carer involvement reference group

User_Led_SIG_Terms_of_reference-_amended_draft.doc

TOR to be reviewed every 2 years - January 2019

User Led SIG Meeting Actions -20 03 2017

User and Carers reference group

  • Shamima to email Joanna Blackwood about User Led SIG providing 2 reps to attend the User and Carers reference group.

User Led SIG’s terms of reference

  • Shamima to invite CYPPF, Youth Parliament and Young Hackney to this meeting – action point to follow up from last meeting
  • There is tender for Mental Health User Group – closing date 24th March – once that is established Shamima to invite them to User Led SIG

OPSIG Transport Meeting

  • Shamima to circulate the action notes to all
  • Shirley to share at the next meeting the outcome of the transport proposal

Bus experience for people with learning disabilities

  • Joan (PoHwer) has a meeting on 29th March – Joan to share the outcome of the meeting at the next User Led SIG meeting

User Led Training

Direct Payment User Group

  • Shamima to email Joanna Blackwood and find what’s happening with personal budget and direct payment– invite her to next meeting
  • Ida (Patients Network) to feedback on the national meeting which took place on 4TH November 2016 on the VCE Health Budget

Journey to employment

  • New project due to start, at the moment looking to recruit for employment coach (a year contract)  – if anyone interested to email Anjum on Anjum.Ahmed@peterbedford.org.uk
  • Anjum to let shamima know the date of the launch of this project

Update on changes to City & Hackney Health System

  • Shamima to share Emily's presentation slide with all
  • Focus group discussion: Information sharing across health & social care - there are places for a focus group discussion on Wed 22 March (10:30am-1pm) for City & Hackney patients to get feedback on plans to share patient information digitally between health and social care providers. The event is being organised by Healthwatch Hackney and the IT Enabler Group and a flyer is attached. Please contact emily@healthwatchhackney.co.uk or 07856796512 to book a place and get the venue.

Future Plans of the SIG

  • Agreed to discuss at next meeting

Recruitment of reps

  • An advert will be going out for representative for Integrated Commissioning Board and Transformation board – Shamima to send information to all once advert is up.

Any Other Business:

Joint working with HIVE and User Led Training

  • In terms of training up professionals – Jackie to set up a meeting with Joan and Jane.

OPRG Summit

David (Age UK East London) is organising an event for Thursday 22nd June about general crisis in the Health and Social Care – David to share further details

Journeys to sustained employment in Hackney

  • Shamima to send information about this event to all. 

Hackney Unites More in Common- event

  • Shamima to send information to all

Next User Led SIG Meeting

The User & Carers Reference group meeting is Thursday 4th May – topics that will be discussed are Lunch Clubs and Delayed Transfers of care.

  • To discuss the two topics at the SIG
  • For all to share comments/queries to SA before the User Led SIG Meeting

Date of next User Led SIG meeting

The idea is to have a pre-meet before the User and Carers Reference Group meeting.

Wednesday 19th April, 2pm-4pm (venue to be confirmed)

Action_notes_20_03_2017.doc

Bookmark and Share


RSS Feed Widget