You are here : Home > SIGs

Older People Special Interest Group/Disabled People Special Interest Group

OPSIG/DISSIG Meeting - Actions

Thursday 23rd February 2017

Matters arising of last meeting – Actions followed up

Transport Meeting Actions:

  • How do we support people with Dementia and High Needs - Access Local Amenities

Claire Smith (Hackney Community Transport) at the last meeting shared with colleagues that TFL are piloting in some boroughs about allowing support workers/carers on transport to assist the service user.

Action – CS to share Joyce from TFL’s contact details to SA and SA to contact Joyce to find out why they have that regulation and what the purpose of the regulation is for not allowing support workers/carers to assist clients.

Outcome – SA emailed Joyce and Joyce responded that she is responsible for the Dial-a-Ride service. If anyone has a specific issue you want Joyce to look into for e.g. a need for more than one companion related to their assistance requirements, email details to DAR@tfl.gov.uk and they can potentially agree special arrangements.

  • How do we support people with Dementia and High Needs – Transport Options with those with Dementia

There was a meeting with Hackney Dementia Alliance steering group members, the project manager named Esther from Alzheimers Society is looking at making the whole of London dementia friendly. Esther is in conversation with Sadiq Khan’s workstreams about Transport for London and about dementia training awareness. AB suggested it would be useful for SM to get touch with Esther to see what is out there.

Action – AB to send SM Esther’s email address – done

  • Connect Hackney Transport research project

The draft of the proposal was currently to be reviewed at the Connect Hackney Steering Group meeting.

Action – SM to give an update of the proposal at the next OPSIG meeting

  • General Query

In Barking and Dagenham older people cannot have taxi card and freedom pass, they can only have one of the two.

Action – SA to find out if this applies in Hackney

Outcome - SA emailed Hannah Moorehouse and she confirmed in Hackney,  people can have both,  there is no either/or decision.

Devolution Overview

Action – SA to invite Emily Tullock from Healthwatch Hackney to the next meeting to give an overview of her role.

One day conference –How can we make Hackney a good place to grow old?

Actionto discuss at the next meeting

To follow up this action

HSCF Upcoming Meetings

  • 06 12 2016 – Come and hear about the planned changes in the benefit system
  • 08 12 2016 – Are you working in people’s homes?

Action – SA to email colleagues details of these events and share notes of the meeting

Safeguarding Concerns at AUEL

Jane Caldwell raised concerns at Age UK East London regarding safeguarding concerns.

Action – JC to raise concern with Jackie Brett and give an update at next OPSIG/DISSIG Meeting.

Outcome - JC has raised the safeguarding alerts and they are looking at underlying patterns and the effect of the cuts on the elderly. An event will be organised by David Holland on this in Hackney during June 2017.

Actions for meeting 23 02 2017:

Connect Hackney draft Transport Proposal

The draft transport proposal will be discussed at the Connect Hackney Steering Group April 2017.

Actions:

  • SA to send the draft proposal to all
  • SM to share update of this proposal

Update on changes to Hackney health system - Emily Tullock, Communications & Engagement Manager, Hackney Devolution Pilot

Action – ET to share the presentation slides to SA to share with all.

Older People’s Summit

DH is organising an event for Thursday 29th June about general crisis in the Health and Social Care.

Actions:

  • DH to share the formal letter invitation once ready to SA to circulate to all
  • CA suggested to DH to get in touch with someone from Eye Wheeler campaign which covers the youth element in Health and Social care – CA to share information to DH

Research on ageing, disability and social inclusion

Philip Corran researcher in the division of health and social care at Kings College is conducting a project on the mobility of older Londoners with disabilities. He interested in understanding the how well older Londoners are able to get about on a day-to-day basis and maintain their mobility outside of the home as they age.

Action – JB to share information sheet to all

Transport Meeting Actions

  • Community transport part of the solution – CS is on maternity leave, SA to invite Phil Stockley to give an update.
  • Mentors and volunteers part of the solution – JD to give an update at the next meeting
  • Funding immediate and long term – JB to give an update next meeting
  • Sandra from Alzheimers Society is collecting good and bad case studies on service user experience’s on Taxi Card – AB to share contact details to SA, SA to invite Sandra to next meeting

Topic for next meeting:

  • Transport meeting actions – Update from facilitators
  • Case Studies regarding transport – Sandra Philip (SA to invite)
  • IIT- AB to invite someone to next SIG meeting

Any Other Business

  • Hackney Unites more in common event

HSCF are going to co-organise the ‘More in Common’ event with Hackney Unites on the Hackney Unites #moreincommon event Saturday 17 June at Hackney Community College.

If you are able to run workshops in relation to public issues to email shamima@hcvs.org.uk or Jackie@hcvs.org.uk.

  • Telecare charging consultation - Deadline 26th February 2017

The Council is currently consulting on proposals to start charging for the Telecare service, and would really like to hear your views.

The proposed model includes:

  • No charge for care eligible clients
  • A charge of £5.50 per week for other Service Users
  • A reduced charge of £2 per week for users who receive Pension Credit.

For new users only, there will be a charge of £25 to cover the ‘start-up’ costs of the service, and a free six week trial for new users who are being discharged home from hospital.

The consultation runs from 28th November until 26th February 2017, and is available online at www.hackney.gov.uk/telecare.

Please distribute this message to colleagues who may be interested in participating in the consultation.

Contact telecare.consultation@hackney.gov.uk if you have any questions about the consultation.

Date of next meeting :

Thursday 18th May 2017

2pm-4pm

Venue to be confirmed

Actions_23_02_2017.doc

Bookmark and Share


RSS Feed Widget